Thursday, April 15, 2010

Day 1....rough...naturally.

Day 1
A very frustrating 30 miles....and a very redundant 30 miles at most.

A long busy travel day. Drove from Crozet to Ric airport at 4am and didn't get to San Francisco until high noon (pacific time). Got very little sleep on flights to say the least and only managed to snag a bag of trail mix the entire day....oh yeh and half of a Subway sub...which = nothing.

Once I reached the airport I took the BART to Oakland to fetch my bicycle. Thank goodness it was there and well tended too with no issues to report. I assembled it infront of the Amtrak before heading back across the bay and in search of the infamous Golden Gate Bridge.

All i can say is that San Francisco is one awesome town! I was not expecting such variety in architecture, colors, and energy of the place. Nor was I expecting such breathtaking scenery right in the bay area...nor was I expecting to see the real deal Alcatrez island.

I then got lost through the city streets of San Francisco.
I am fried right now...not from sunburn but from exhaustion.
It's always a hard transition into a bicycle touring lifestyle and trying to find ones way around via bicycle through a busy busy city ain't easy.

Anyways, here's hoping for more great weather tomorrow as I move away from this city and more towards the infamous Pacific coast and down Highway 1.

I am fried and going to sleep in Daly City.