Wednesday, April 14, 2010

This time tomorrow.....

This time tomorrow I'll soon be touching down in San Francisco Int'l Airport.
Can't believe my departure date has approached so fast.
As with every trip there are such a rollercoaster of feelings and questions that roll through my mind.
Am I prepared well enough? is the route I mapped out realistic for the alloted amount of time? will my bicycle get there in one piece? etc etc.

It's like this before every bike trip I find and usually by the second day or say I start to find a rhythm and seem to shed the comforts and routines of "civilized" lifestyle and transform into someone that lives and adapts to the surroundings and landscapes around me.
A chameleon of sorts.

Been reading the book "The Anza Trail" and it's very inspirational as to what those folks back in the late 1770s were able to accomplish without any roads or maps of how to get from southern Arizona to San Francisco.  Add on the constant threat of Apache ambushes and slow progress through the deserts and unpredictable, and often time brackish and unsuitable, drinking water.

Anyways, just woke up after working three nights of night shift, so if this blog post portrays itself as a bunch of rambling and incoherent sentences, then it prob is (esp seeing I don't proofread prior to clicking the "post" button).

I'm ready to start and very, very excited to explore so much new territory.  Who knows what and who I'll meet along this 1,100 mile journey through such varying terrain.

That's the beauty of travel by bicycle I reckon....

Plane leaves tomorrow at 0700 from Richmond.
Time to tie up any remaining loose ends......